Yesterday at 4:10 in the afternoon my phone rang, and the caller ID said "pay phone." I instantly knew it had to be Aaron! I was so excited as I answered the phone and heard his voice. He sounded very quiet, a bit emotional, and very tired. We were able to talk for maybe 5 minutes.
My prayers that he would get to see and talk to Will this week while they are both at MCRD were answered!! He missed his regular evening chow (I can't remember why) and was sent to another chow hall for dinner. He was eating when he saw Will walking through the line. When Will went to get his drink, Aaron got up to refill his drink. There they were able to very briefly talk. He said he hardly recognized Will; he has really lost weight. Said his face has really thinned out. I know that God orchestrated that brief meeting of the guys, allowing them to reconnect for a moment. I know that was such a boost to Aaron to get to see Will--I'm sure they would have loved to sit and catch up for HOURS, but we are grateful that the Lord was gracious in allowing their paths to cross.
Aaron is healthy and injury-free, just really missing home. Swim week was tough but he qualified. He's down about 20#, still trying to watch his weight so he loses more even though he is not officially on a diet anymore. He is looking forward to the move today to Camp Pendleton. He can do almost 4 chin-ups now, so he's pretty happy with that. He ended up not having to do that "Stairway to Heaven" ladder on Tuesday; he had to go to medical for an eye exam (he still is waiting for his Marine Corp-issued glasses).
The phone call was so quick and my brain wasn't processing as fast as I wish it would have! I thought of so many questions after I hung up. He ended the call quickly, not wanting to mess up anyone else's chance to call.
Just less than 8 weeks until graduation!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Such joy that you were able to talk to Aaron and that God orchastrated that brief visit with William. Prayers for Aaron continue in New Hampshire. Dorothy (William's Aunt)
That's so awesome you got to chat with Aaron, even if for 5 minutes. Jim thinks the Marine Corps must be getting "soft" because he was never given the privilege of calling home! (I think he's a little bitter about that actually - lol).
Counting down the days with you. It will be here before you know it!
So glad that you got to talk to Aaron and that he's doing well. What a blessing that they got a chance to see each other, even if only for a brief moment!
Post a Comment