We got a letter from Aaron today, well actually, Carol got the letter at her house, scanned it and emailed it to us. We're still in Ohio, and that was the solution we came up with to get to read Aaron's letters while we are gone. Needless to say, I check my email pretty much constantly!! :)
We were so encouraged by the tone of Aaron's letter. It's hard, but he likes it. He said that the reason he isn't writing much is because as Squad Leader, it is expected that he spend much of his free time helping the others. Ok, so I have to put the selfish part of me aside that wants to get long letters on a regular basis...I'll work on that!
Aaron says his Drill Instructors are pretty cool, but as has happened to Will, some guys in the platoon seem to have difficulty obeying rules, then everyone gets in trouble. I guess that's just how it goes.
We were happy to hear that his foot is totally better-no pain whatsover. PTL for that! His cheeks are still swollen from the pulled wisdom teeth, "No one else swelled up at all, just me. And when I say I swelled, I swelled!" That must have been a funny sight!
He wrote about bayonet fighting and pugil stick fighting: "I worked the guy that I was fighting. It was pretty fun." Glad he finds that stuff "fun."
Please continue to keep both these recruits in your prayers, that God would give them strength each day for what is required of them, and that they would remain free from injury. I still can't quite imagine the intensity of the training.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay! So glad you got another letter, and an explanation as to why he isn't writing. Makes it a little easier!
You need to teach me how to summarize!! I think I was just as happy to get a letter from Aaron as I am to hear from Will :D ...well, almost!! So glad to hear that his foot has healed and that there's no pain. We've been praying for that. Hey, when you get home, I won't be getting his letters anymore...want to have him continue to send them to our house??? ;)
So glad to hear that he is doing well and his foot has recovered! Too bad there aren't any pictures of the swelling... I would have liked to see that! :)
I would have loved to see his swollen cheeks :) Poor guy!
Post a Comment