As Carol has said, the guys are back in training again after a well-deserved rest. Aaron's time at home was wonderful, but went too quickly for my liking! We kept it pretty low key and didn't plan much. He enjoyed spending time both at home and out with buddies. It was much easier seeing him leave this time than when he left for boot camp, knowing that communication would be much more readily available.
They are allowed to have their cell phones on weekends, so we were able to talk with him several times on Saturday and Sunday. He said, too, that MCT is much more physically demanding than boot camp was, but less mental. He said it took all the guys a couple of days to get their heads back in the game, but they seem to be acclimated now to the routine. Although he is in a different platoon than Will, he is with some of his boot camp buddies so that helped the transition also. He was able to see Will over the weekend; I know that is a big encouragement to both of them.
They have weekend liberty, so we are hoping to go down to Pendleton this Sunday to see him for a few hours. We don't have specific details of what they are doing each day; evidently the posted training matrix is obsolete.
We did find out Aaron's Military Occupational Specialty is MOS 2621-Special Communications Signals Collection Operator. Following three more weeks of combat training, he will go to Pensacola, FL for five months of schooling. More info on MOS 2621 can be found at http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/2621.htm if you are interested. From what I've read from other moms, the schooling is quite intense. I know he is up for the challenge!
We continue to be thankful for all your prayers for Will and Aaron. This is not an easy journey for our families, but we are confident that the Lord is directing their paths. We are so proud of their willingness to serve our country.
Semper Fi!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations Aaron! Teresa - I had no idea you were keeping a journal. I stumbled over from Alex. I hope you don't mind me checking in. I'm anxious to hear about Aaron's adventures. We're so proud to have a Marine in the family. You've obviously raised an incredible man.
Myra
Post a Comment