Saturday, August 30, 2008

Platoon Videos

Last night the Alpha Co. platoon videos were posted at www.devildogs.info He would have been in 1st Battalion, Alpha Co., Platoon 1013. We have been looking and looking at each face, trying to pick Will out.....how is it possible that we just aren't sure which unsmiling face is the right one? Let us know what you think -- we may have to take a vote :)

11 comments:

Jim and Julie Deaton said...

Ok, after looking at it again and again (and again and again), we are split 2 to 1. Jim and Kimi are POSITIVE that he is on the top row, 8th from the left. I "think" it could be Row 2, 14 from the right.

Remember, Jim said he would eat his hat if it's not row 1, 8th from the left. (but now he's saying it has to be an edible hat because he would never disgrace the Marine Corps by eating his "cover") ;)

One thing is for sure, we'll know in a matter of weeks who was right!!! We can't wait!

Love you :)

Anonymous said...

All right, after MANY times of watching the video, Simon and I say 4th row, 2nd from the left, and I volunteer for Simon to eat his ball cap if we're wrong. :D

Ana said...

Well, I'll give my 2 cents worth. My very first reaction after seeing the video once and not reading any other opinions, was that he is the 4th row 2nd from the left. Then, when I read the other posts, I thought "Hmmm, they could all be him"! Now, I have gone back to my original thought and I agree with Jessica..4th row, 2nd from left. Yes, that's my FINAL answer!

Anonymous said...

Not trying to be disagreeable, but I think another mom has claimed the recruit 4th row from the back, 2nd from the left. Carol, check out Michele's posting from yesterday. I think she's claiming Lucas in that spot...hmmm...the saga continues...

Could he be 2nd row from the top, 2nd one in from the right? You can't see his mouth at all, but ears look nice and tight to his head & the nose is a possibility. Maybe???? I definitely will not commit to eating anything other than a hot fudge sundae if I am wrong, and maybe I'll eat one if I'm right!!

Anonymous said...

4th row, 6th from the left. Boo-yah baby! Zach won't be needing to eat anything . . .

Carol said...

How is it that I can be so certain one minute, and then doubt myself the next??? I can't wait to hear from Will himself telling me just which one is the winner!! Yikes, the confusion continues....

Anonymous said...

Ok it is a tie for us. first row 8th from the left or 2 row 3rd from the left but leaning towards 2 row 3rd from the left
Jeremy & Ali

Anonymous said...

Okay I figured it out the first time I saw it!
First Row.
Fifth from the left.

That was easy. :D

Okay, for real:
Gauranteed, 100% Will is:
Fourth Row.
Sixth from the left.

The thing is, I pointed that out before I even read Zach's comment!
Zach a I are completely right. Everyone else is wrong.

I think aaron's in there!
Second Row.
Far Left.

Hahaha!

:)

I miss you guys!

Ryan.

Anonymous said...

Come on people! He's right there! He's the one wearing the cammies. :)

-Ralph

Carol said...

That's SO helpful, Ralph!! Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Wow…tough call! I had to call Will’s Senior Drill Instructor, SSgt Troncatti, down at the recruit depot to get a definitive answer (I used to take his lunch money when we were in elementary school and we still keep in touch). He said, “Will is the Marine standing in the 2nd row from the top and 3rd from the port side. No question about it.” ;)

Cliff & Becky Bates