After 16 days with no letter from Aaron, we finally got one last night. He is very happy to be a part of Charlie Company, and working his way toward graduation. He recognizes how significant PCP was in better preparing him for training.
His Drill Instructor made him Squad Leader (1 of 4 guys), which means he is the third in line when they march--after the Drill Instructor and the Guide (the guy who carries the flag). He was pretty excited about that, especially because Cliff Bates was a Squad Leader too! :)
Wednesday (7/23) was a bad day--they pulled 3 of his wisdom teeth (seems to be a common practice with many of the recruits, I guess to prevent problems down the road). He was put on bedrest for the remainder of that day and light duty for Thursday; I guess that was all the time they thought necessary for recovery?? He said he was pretty swollen in the cheeks and was mad because his platoon was outside drilling and he couldn't be out there with them.
The letter was pretty short and sweet; I think the Vicodin was clouding his mind! :( We're just glad to finally hear from him again and to have his address. We are still in Ohio for another few days, so the letters will take much longer than when we send them from home.
Thanks for your continued prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's so great! We are praising the Lord for the news. Jim was practically jumping up and down when I told him Aaron made squad leader. He was a squad leader in bootcamp and says if he keeps it, he'll graduate as PFC - which is a pretty big deal :)
Squad leader...very cool!! Even more to be proud of.
Wow, Aaron told us Cliff was, but I didn't know Jim was too--very cool!!
Pulled wisdom teeth doesn't sound very fun! I think it's false advertising that they don't include that little tidbit on the commercials... "join the Marines, get your teeth pulled!" Don't you think that would increase sign-ups? :) So glad to hear that he is doing well!
Now I know what to do if Titus has any dental problems . . . sign him up for the marines! Who knew that free dental work would be one of their fringe benefits, although I am sure that Aaron isn't thinking of it as a benefit at the moment
:0) Squad leader - how exciting!! So much sweeter too, after the wait. Love from the Mikats
Post a Comment