Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mid-week report

I know that some of you check this blog regularly...be sure to leave a comment once in a while to let us know you're out there! You can post as "anonymous"...but only if you include your name in the comment :) It is an encouragement to know that you care and are going through these weeks along with us.

No new letters to talk about :( --but just wanted to remind all to continue to pray for Aaron this week, that his injured tendon would heal quickly and that he would be able to test again on Friday. We're waiting to hear...and praying for Brent and Teresa, as well.


The training matrix shows that this has been Swim Week for William. Hopefully it has been a good break from regular PT for him, although Teresa and I were saying that we don't think they've been playing Marco Polo and sipping lemonade!! This is the final week of Phase I for him; next week it's on to Camp Pendleton for rifle qualification and field week. I sent him a copy of the training matrix and he told me that he had "laminated" it with clear tape so that it wouldn't get destroyed from all the use. It's probably contraband....who knows??? He'd probably think it was worth some extra IT just so that he could know what's coming next. I guess we'll find out in future letters! And just where did he get all that clear tape anyway???

I know that we keep saying this, but THANK YOU to those who have written notes of encouragement to both Aaron and Will. You have blessed them, and us as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still crack up thinking about all the clear tape he must have used to laminate that thing! I hope it'll make it all the way through boot camp so we can see it in September. :)

Anonymous said...

There was finally quiet time in my day to catch up on your last two updates. I know how you crave for every detail, even those William may think trivial. He must be doing well to have been made temp squad leader. Will write him a note tonight while I watch some of the Sox, Angels game. Love and prayers, Dorothy