Friday, July 18, 2008

Charlie Company--PTL and HOORAH!!!!!

We got a very exciting phone call this morning. Aaron passed the IST and has been picked up with Charlie Company! Matt got to talk to him; the call lasted all of 5 seconds, but Matt said he sounded good. If I were to give more details than this, I'd be making them up cause we haven't had a letter all week--ugh! That's okay, especially after this morning's news. We don't know the status on his foot, but it was evidently well enough to run on it. We'll find out details...sometime...

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your continued prayers for our family. We feel so blessed to have the love and support of all of you, and we are grateful for this answer to our prayers.

We don't know his platoon number, so we don't have an updated address yet. I'm not sure what will happen to the letters that are in transit; I'm hoping they will forward them on to Charlie Company.

Now the real work begins... :)

4 comments:

Carol said...

What great news...can't wait to get that new address and send a big congratulations to that son of yours!! He must by flying high right about now :)

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! We are so happy to hear such good news!

Jim and Julie Deaton said...

We are so excited at the great news! This song ran through my head after our conversation this morning, I won't sing it for you but it does bear typing...

God is good, God is great, God is faithful. God is good, God is great, God is kind. And no matter what the test, in His arms I'll safely rest, God is good, God is great, God is faithful!

Praise the Lord :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Aaron! I'm so happy he is moving on. He's got a silent support follower way across the country. Dorothy (William's Aunt, Carol's sister)